Interested in social work, Community Activity, Integrated Social Concept, Universal Friendship, Propagation of Tolerance in Co_existance for All Living beings, Loving whatever belongs to Nature, Belief in self-respect and decipline, Respecting freedom of thought and Dreaming for a world without boundries.
Involvement in social work activities started, quiet early age in home town, Punalur, Kerala. Because of the Christian family background, I have enjoyed Christian Teachings on Social Concept and actively participated in Alter Servers Group, Church Choir, Cherupushpa Mission League, Christiya Thatwa Sahodhara Sakyam, Little Way Association, Parish Youth Council, etc. And out side the church social groups like NSS (National Service Scheme), Scouts & Guides, NCC (National Cadet’s Corps; Passed ‘C’ Certificate, Rank: Sr. Under Officer), Municipal Library and few other cultural groups formulated during festival seasons.
Acted in plays and organized variety entertainment programs of our own team and professional groups with the support of dedicated members. Interest of on-stage was turned to off- stage activities like make up, costume, stage settings, slogans, introductory notes, poster design, publicity campaign, etc. Enjoyed the company of artists and experimented various tools of art. The thrill of clay modeling was very exiting.
Church related activities continued in Delhi as well, in the early years since arrival in 1975, along with cultural activities of DMA (Delhi Malayalee Association). And when elected as Secretary of Kalkaji Area in 1979, decided to devote more time for building confidence among Malayalee Community towards DMA to cultivate and preserve the rich traditions of Kerala Society in Delhi for the next generations.
It was the beginning of change in the working of the Association; discipline and transparency of accounts, responsibility share, response collection and discussion to improve corrective measures, work load share, Newsletter Circulars, Library, Get-together, Malayalam Classes, introduction of Women’s Wing, Arts & Sports competitions, X’mas New Year Celebration, etc. added in addition to Onam Celebration. Association activities became an unavoidable part of youngsters of Kalkaji and other parts of Delhi during this period.
Malayalam Language promotion, Drama, Cinema, and other cultural forums were flourished in Delhi during Eighties. Cultural Groups like ‘Kerala Club’, ‘Experimental Theater’, ‘Delhi Kathakali Centre’, ‘Thiranottam’, ‘Kairali Film Society’, ‘Arang’, ‘Swaralaya’, ‘Jana Saskriti’, etc. did remarkable contributions to promote the Malayalee Culture.
Associated and served Forums in various capacities as follows:
- Member: Delhi Malayalee Association (Regd) Kalkaji Area. (Since 1976)
- Secretary: Delhi Malayalee Association (Regd) Kalkaji Area. (Year 1979)
- Life Member: Catholic Association, Kalkaji Parish (Since 1980)
- Founder Secretary: ‘Jana Saskriti’ (Non-Lingustic cultural Forum) Kalkaji Area. (Year 1980-81)
- Associate Member (Cultural Wing): South Indian Welfare Association (Regd) Kalkaji Area (Year 1982)
- Member: Thiranottam (Drama and Theater Forum) Delhi (Year 1981)
- Chief promoter Member: Kaveri Housing Society (Regd) (Year 1982)
- Life Member: Kerala Catholic Association, Delhi (Sicnce 1989)
- Life Member: Delhi Malayalee Association (Regd) Kalkaji Area. (Since 1990)
- Chairman: Delhi Malayalee Association (Regd) Kalkaji Area. (Year 1990-91)
- Member of Constitution Amendment Committee: Delhi Malayalee Association (Regd) (Year 1991)
- DMA Nominee Member: International Centre for Kathakali, Delhi (1991-92)
- Vice President: Resident’s Welfare Association, Street No. 29, Tughlakabad Extn. (Year 2004)
- Founder President: Surya Apartment Resident Welfare Association (Regd.) (Since 2006)
- Vice President: Catholic Association, Alaknanda Parish (Year 2006-08)
- Administrator: Prayer Hall, Holy Spirit Church, Alaknanda (Year 2007-08)
- Coordinator of Programs: Herbal Health Promotion through Darsanalaya